The Big Runaround is all about getting the running shoes on, keeping active, and helping raise money to transform the lives of children across Scotland! It's something we'd love for you to get involved in, so keep reading to find out more!
We'd like to get as many people out running for a great cause as possible. All you have to do is pick a race to take part in or set yourself a challenge of running a particular distance, and start fundraising for Sistema Scotland and Big Noise. Once you've selected your challenge, ask those around you to sponsor your running efforts, and with every step of your training you'll know you're helping change the lives of children across the country.
Whether the closest you usually come to running is dashing for your morning bus, or you've already tackled your first 10km, Half Marathon or Full Marathon, the Big Runaround is for everyone (all ages and abilities)!
Here's a great little video about Big Noise and how the Big Runaround challenge started:
How can you get involved?
- Join the Big Runaround Team! We'd love to have you (and any friends/family) on-board. Find out all you need to know about running in the Big Runaround on our 'Join the team' page.
- Make a donation: You can show your support (and keep the morale of the Big Runaround Team high) by making a donation on our JustGiving page here.
- Become a Big (Digital) Cheerer: Follow our runners' training progress (and cheer them on) via our Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Become Big Cheerer: Come along on race days and help cheer our runners over the finish line. The next official race we're taking part in is the Stirling (Half) Marathon on Sun 28th April.
Our key aims of the Big Runaround
- Healthy lifestyle habits - At Big Noise we're passionate about encouraging healthy habits in children through to adulthood - so this challenge is just the ticket.
- Fundraising - Each and every donation we receive through the Big Runaround will play a vital part in allowing us to transform the lives of more children across the country.
- Awareness - We feel that the Big Noise programme is certainly worth shouting about. So, we hope the Big Runaround will not only get people out running, but that it will also ensure that more people find out about how Big Noise is positively impacting the lives of children and communities across Scotland.
For more information, check out our Big Runaround FAQs page here.