The long-term aim of the Youth Board is to act as voluntary advisory board to the Big Noise Raploch staff team. The board will represent, involve and promote the voice of the children in the programme.
The young people who become involved in this area are expected to be positive role models for children and young people in the programmme and also act as ambassadors for Big Noise at all times.
Benefits of being on the Youth Board
- Big Noise will invest in opportunities for Youth Board members by offering training which will enhance future applications for employment and/or further education
- Increased confidence from regular presentations to diverse audiences, both within and outwith the Raploch community
- Accreditation (Youth Achievement, Duke of Edinburgh etc)
Aims for the Year
- Meet monthly and have self managed meetings, with a set agenda
- Meet and greet visitors and give tours of the programme in Raploch
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the community, other Big Noise centres and events
- Assist on Big Noise residentials, trips, events and concerts
- Be known to children and young people across every stage of Big Noise and lead consultations throughout the year with each orchestra